Subset will be rocking 93 Feet East for the first time thanks to The Playground team.
Yup – they’re allowing the crazy quartet to play this renowned Brick Lane venue. Not only that, they’re the main support to Ice Black Birds!
The other names on the bill are Monocle Rose, Stages of Dan and Ravens in Paris. This promises to be a huge night!
Throw in to the mix it’s a Friday, there’s a BBQ in the courtyard, FREE entry and a bar that opens at 5pm – this must mean good times ahead
The bands kick-off at around 7pm with the place staying open til 1am.
Subset will hit the stage at 11:30pm!
Here’s the descriptions according to The Playground:
- ICE BLACK BIRDS ‘Their sound is startling and very different. I predict big things for them.’ RADIO 1 / ‘Ice Black Birds have a reverberating riffcentricity spiked with sudden melodies; a band with serious potential.’ The Daily Telegraph Just some of the rave reviews this extraordinary band have received in response to their unique Brighton-based band. Theirs’ is a sound that will guarantee you will be running to the dancefloor.
- SUBSET Low-fi, fuzzpop, grungy and realist post-punk are among the many adjectives and sub-genres which have been used to describe Subset. Holding a common belief that rock music should be stripped back to the bare minimum, they appear to come straight out of a secret rock squat with no lights and no nonsense. They’ve crap jobs, no cash and a tendency to crash into amps and fall over beer glasses on stage.
- MONOCLE ROSEs‘ music takes the energy and excitement reminiscent of classic bands like The Ramones and Blondie and mixes it with an early-90s feel with strong melodies and intelligent lyrics. They’ve been tearing up venues in and around London ever since, always known to put on an unforgettable show. ‘A raw but inspiring presence & awesome band.’ TOXIC PETE / ‘Monocle Rose chew up and spit out bratty guitar riffs before delivering that perfectly constructed coarse melody recalling Riot Grrl at its most potent.’ SUBBACULTCHA.COM
- STAGES OF DAN This London-based trio produce a purely memorable Rock n Roll sound that leaves you yearning for more, there has never been a bad word said about them. ‘The catchiest song I have heard in a long time, I’m playing this because it’s very good’ Steve LaMacq’s Unsigned Band of the Week 09
- RAVENS IN PARIS ‘You’ll certainly know you have listened to Ravens In Paris, as their incendiary rock punches you straight in the gut and doesn’t give you time to breathe… A band in the truest sense of the word, with shared song writing, vocals and harmonies, the music is ferocious and relentless. Impossible to keep up with but unlikely to stop, Ravens In Paris are here for your hearts and souls’ Jacques Payton.
So – come on down and join in the summer fun!
The Facebook event can be found here.
There’s links to all the band’s myspace pages on The Playground’s website. click here to know more
Remember – the day after this gig Subset are competing to get through to Round 3 of Surface Unsigned – get your tickets NOW!
Here’s how to get there:
View Larger Map